Saturday, July 18, 2009

Nerstrand Big Woods State Park - Camping

Well, good thing there was a park ranger going through trying to keep things in order. The Mayo people were SO loud until about 12:30am. So we finally fell asleep. We joked that we would get up around 6am and take Emma Blue over toward their site and get her to bark that shrill bark of hers. Joke was on us! They were up around 5:30am being noisy again. SO weird! Then about 6:30am or 7am, it was quiet again. Back to sleep we went, until about 9am. I said, “They’re so quiet, I wonder if they’ve left!” and we had a good chuckle. Lorrie went outside and gave me the good news… they actually were gone. All of them! I was pretty happy!

We relaxed and hung around camp most of the morning. Did some reading and played with the dogs. After lunch we went for a “little hike.” During which we got a little lost and ended up going on a “long hike.” That was okay too. Just not what we’d expected. I still don’t know exactly where we were. But we made it back soon enough and Emma Blue was good and tired. More relaxing, then dinner was a chicken and rice before we did some more relaxing. Funny thing is that I spend most of that “relaxing” time collecting kindling and such to burn. So I don’t end up sitting much. We had a nice quiet night around the fire without loud medical students disruptions.

No comments: