Friday, February 07, 2020

Announcement - Tahoe Rim Trail

I've committed to backpacking the Tahoe Rim Trail (TRT) during Summer 2020. The TRT is 165 miles and I'll plan to take a couple weeks. Some people can do it in a week or less, but I'm not there at this point. So I'll do 11-12 miles/day at least with the hope that I'll be in good enough shape to do longer days so I can take 1-2 rest days in Tahoe City and/or South Lake Tahoe.




I've already got most of my gear and am currently shopping for an ultralight sleeping bag. I bought a tent recently that I haven't gotten to try yet. I did try to put it up in the family room, but it's supported by hiking poles so I could not get it completely erected without damaging the floors. I'll share a review of it once I get a chance to use it.

So now, it's time to get back into backpacking shape.


No comments: