Sunday, May 14, 2006

Riding to Church in The Valley

Distance = 26.90 miles
Time = 2.09.19
Max speed = 32.5 mph

The distance and time were there and back. I rode to church... and actually got there on time. Not something I regularly do when I drive! lol I brought some sweatpants and a t-shirt to wear while I was in church so I wouldn't have to be in my tights. I still hadn't recovered from my horrible day with Gail. So I sat toward the back and cried most of the service. Afterwards they generally have a pretty nice meal available. I spent some time in the office talking with my friend JJ about the G situation. She always makes me feel better. Then we went out and had a good amount of food. Enough to get my back home. I got changed again and made my way back home. Part of the route I took was on what in some places I've lived would be like a frontage or service road. I don't know what they're called here. But there's too much traffic. In one portion there was really no shoulder so I was holding up traffic. Yuck! I sat at one of the stop signs for a minute or so debating whether I had enough gumption to ride up Mulholland Drive. I didn't! lol So I just headed home. It was a pretty uneventful ride.... as uneventful as it can be with LA traffic. But it was nice to do rides 2 days in a row. It's good for getting my butt in shape for sitting. (= And I think it was nice for people at church to see me training since many of them have sponsored me!

No comments: