Saturday, August 11, 2007

Boundary Waters (Day 5 - August 11, 2007)

Got up at the hotel around 8am and took our time getting ready to go. We went down and grabbed some food from the continental breakfast and brought it back to the room. By the time we left, I think we'd taken 6 bananas! Not sure why! lol Got back on the interstate and took I-94 over to Hwy 52 then to Hwy 19. That seemed a little faster since we avoided Mpls traffic. We got to the vet between 12 and 12:30. Perfect! I'm not sure I mentioned before that the reason we left the camp Friday night instead of today was because I had to pick up the dogs by 1pm today or they'd be there all weekend. I didn't want that so we needed to head out early. The only thing I regretted about that is that it would have been incredible to see the people who have been in the wilderness for a month or over to return. Anyway, the dogs were extremely happy to see us. I was very glad to see them too! We went to my house and unloaded then Lorrie went home to shower and get organized. I took a nap! lol I was exhausted for some reason. She came over later to watch a movie and relax more. Next we head back up to the North Shore for the Gitchi-Gami bike ride and camping.

Another aside that I didn't mention much was the fact that my friend Candace and her girlfriend were supposed to go on this trip with us. I met Candace when I was in Michigan but she now lives in North Carolina. They'd paid their deposit and bought their plane tickets. Then something happened at the hospital where Candace works and they took away her vacation time. It would definitely have been a different experience with them there. Good I'm sure! But I think we did okay for just the two of us with a guide! (=

No comments: