Sunday, August 18, 2013

Casini Ranch - DD-l - Day 3

Bozo got up early to take Satoko kayaking with Rachel and Natacha. There were out for awhile along the Russian River and it sounded like they had a good time and that Satoko did well paddling for the first time. I got to have some alone time to read and tend the fire. I made eggs over the fire, which were awesome. I'm getting better and better at making those! Then others started getting up and bringing their breakfast foods to our campsite. The peach cobbler from last night seemed to be the favorite breakfast item. lol

After breakfast, Bozo took me kayaking on the river. We thought the current was going the "wrong" way. Turns out there was a strong enough head wind to make the current nearly moot. We went in a couple circles trying to figure it out. ha! But we're new to kayaking and neither of us have been in an inflatable kayak so we get some slack. After we got the kayak back on shore, I went for a little swim. The water was like a bathtub where I was already wet. Then took my breath away as I dipped in deeper. Eventually it was all just warm and refreshing.

We spent a little more time at the campsite then Bozo took the bike to ask for our late check out. Turns out we needed to leave the campsite but we could stay in the park on the beach. Pressure packing is not the best way to end a camping trip. But we all got everything packed up. Bozo and Natacha went to get the kayaks to paddle them to the beach. I ran along the shore to find them in case they beached and needed a pull. Once they got the kayaks back to the beach, Natacha took Margaret-Rose for a paddle while Bozo and I packed up the other kayak. Heather went for a swim, a real swim like with laps. I went for a swim, a fake swim like playing around in the water just to cool off. Then we folded up the second kayak and off we went toward home.

A quick stop at Bubba's BBQ for a quick chicken BBQ sandwich and then home through just a little traffic and no median fires.

No comments: