Friday, June 02, 2006

ALC/LifeCycle 5 - Traveling to SF (June 2, 2006)

I got into San Francisco Friday morning. So I had all that day to mess around. Took BART to my hotel (Cathedral Hill), checked in and dropped off my bags. There were a bunch of riders on my flight. I met up with Kenny and Elaine in the Oakland airport and traveled with them to Kenny's and my hotels. We went to Haight (or The Haight… whatever) and just looked around. Did some shopping. Came away with my riding buddy Jeero who ended up being a hit with all my riding partners! LOL Kenny and Elaine got their red dress attire for Day 5. Didn’t figure we could be a bunch of queers in SF without going to Castro so that’s where we had dinner. Kenny's friend met up with us and drove us there and back to my hotel. As we were sitting at the restaurant, Khoa, one of the guys that we had all met on training rides happened to stroll by so he joined us for dinner. That’s just the way things seemed to work the whole week. Got back to my hotel and tried to get things arranged as much as possible and to think of what I needed for orientation. How the Hell am I supposed to know!? I did get a little worried when I realized my feet were a little swollen from walking around all day. What was I thinking?? I should be lounging by the pool this whole time... not walking around! Ah well! The plan was to head out to the Cow Palace with my roommates, Sue and Daryl, and their friends, Julie and Linnie, around noon so we'd miss the morning crowd. When they got into town and to the hotel, later plane, they informed me that they had to be there at 8am to help with some volunteer duties. I wasn't really in the mood for going that early so I decided to do my own thing. Of course, if they'd needed more help, I would have been happy to volunteer. I didn't set any time to get up and just figured I would play it by ear. I'll have enough early mornings in the next week! Sleep came easy once they settled down and were quiet. A good sign!

No comments: