Sunday, March 25, 2007

First Ride 2007

Cannon Falls Trail
Cannon Falls, MN
D = 20.19
Time = 1.38.52
Max = 23 mph
Avg = 12.2 mph

The first exciting thing about this ride was that I got to buy a floor pump the day before in preparation! lol The ride itself was pretty generic. I remembered my butt balm so not much issue there. My hands got a little sore from the pressure though I move them around a lot. There weren't too many people on the trail... but enough. I had a couple encounters with Boy Scouts... they moved over for me and then a couple of them gave me a high five. That was cute! But I wanted to tell them afterwards that I'm gay. lol No, I didn't do that.

There were 4-5 sections with ice on the trail...





So I had to do a little bit of mountain biking. At first it was great and I was having fun sliding around. Then I had an image of falling and breaking my collarbone so I took it easy. It was still fun though! And really, had I fallen it would likely have been into snow and grass so I would have just gotten a little wet.

Then there were some real obstacles...


Of course I was able to work my way around that. No jumping boulders for me! Especially on a road bike! lol It ended up taking me a little longer than usual because of the ice and such. But it was still a nice ride and the weather definitely cooperated! I got back and woke Emma from her nap...


so that we could go play some frisbee! (= That's all she thinks about ya know! All in all a good little start to my cycling season this year. I will do a couple of these rides and then try to hook up with the club in Northfield and try to do their 40-mile Saturday ride. It will be nice to ride with people again! (=

No comments: