Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankscamping in Sonoma - Day 3

Day 3 - time to go home. Everything was wet when we got up. So we took our time hoping that things would dry out. But they didn't really so we'd have to hang it all up at home to let it dry thoroughly.

Not too exciting... but just another day to relax. This is my first time having more than a 3-day weekend so I needed to recover from the quarter. And then I still worked! lol But it as worth it! I think we all needed the fresh air.

We got home while it was still light out. AND... another day off tomorrow. THAT is awesome!!

2 comments:

RitualPen said...

Hey Jennifer - thank you for your blog posts - wondering if you still have your quarterdome, or if you chose something else - it looks like they might have fixed the space between the fly and the tent body - I just read it is a full 2". My North Face Tadpole 23 fly went bad while in storage, so I am searching for a replacement. Also - I am considering a kayak - but also wonder about a canoe - what was your decision process? Did you consider a kayak ?
Thanks so much for any response,
maribeth in OR...

twotiredoc said...

Hi maribeth,

I kept the quarterdome. I liked so many other things about it that I just couldn't justify returning it. BUT... if they really did fix that little glitch, I may be taking it in for an exchange soon. Gotta love REI!

We never did buy a canoe and have always rented. But I would buy a canoe and I would get Kevlar. Kayaks are a little too close to the water for me and I'm not that comfortable getting that close. But since our move out west, we have met several people who are into Kayaking so I can see that I may have to start getting comfortable. What I do like about Kayaks is how much more portable they are than canoes. If you decide to buy one or the other, I'd love to know your decision-making process as well!