Sunday, June 01, 2008

Dundas - Natalee Loop

Distance = 19.12 miles
Time = 1.27.06
Avg speed = 13.1 mph
Max speed = 14.5 mph
Odometer = 2904.8

Perfect day for cycling. Not much wind. Not too hot. Nice! Only thing wrong with this ride was the first stretch out of Dundas on Hwy 1. Too much traffic. One of the main back roads here (Hwy. 3) is closed so it's being detoured to this road. Not great for cyclists. We won't ride it again until 3 opens back up. We made it to the stop sign over I-35. I don't know the name of the road but it goes past Natalee's (my co-worker) house. So it's Natalee's road. (= Not much traffic there, which was a relief. After looping back around under I-35 we got onto Old Dutch Road, which is usually pretty good. We usually are on this road going the opposite direction. Today it seemed VERY long! Sometimes those flat stretches get a little difficult. I start feeling it in my butt mostly. So I stand up and peddle awhile. Shake my legs out. Get the blood flowing. An uneventful ride is usually the best kind!! Glad to have one!

No comments: