Friday, April 16, 1993

Matthews - Winters Park

Distance - 26 miles

I went by myself this time. The conditions were much more favorable. I only did the first part to where you overlook Red Rocks. It was about 4.3 miles and I think it took about 1 1/2 hours. I spent a lot of time practicing finding a line and trying to go fast. On the way back 2 guys caught up to me so I let them pass but then we kept playing catch up back and forth. I lost my first bike part - a front pedal reflector - going over an irrigation log. I saved it though. It wasn't a very taxing ride but it was good technical practice. On the final descent I was trying to jump and I finally got the front up about 2 inches and the back up about 1 inch. Hey you gotta start somewhere.

What a dork! I save everything! I probably still have that stupid pedal reflector somewhere!

No comments: