Sunday, July 29, 2007

Northfield to Faribault

Distance = 19.24
Time = 1.29.27
Max speed = 30.5 mph
Average speed = 12.8 mph

Another one of those days where I just need to do something with my legs. So off I went. I had figured out the back road my neighbor was talking about for getting to Faribault without being on Hwy 3. So off I went. The beginning was a familiar route through Cannon City. Unfortunately a good portion of it was being redone and there was pea gravel everywhere. So I had to stay in the main lane where the cars go. A couple of them weren't thrilled with my presence. Hell, I wasn't thrilled with my presence! Lorrie had taken the dogs to Cannon Lake to play in the water and I was meeting her there. So I didn't want to turn around. There are some great climbs on this route. I struggled with a couple of them. I probably should have eaten more earlier in the day but I wasn't really thinking about it. There was a point where I had to stand in line with cars while it was single lane and wait for the people coming from the other direction to get through. Then it was our turn. I finally got to a point where I realized others were waiting for me to finish so they could let cars come through the other direction. Oops! I did feel bad about that! Flew down a hill into Faribault and then had to find my way toward the lake. There was one portion of the directions that just weren't clear to me. After a couple wrong turns, I finally figured it out. Afterwards I played in the water with the girls and we took them for a little walk. Nice ending to the day!

No comments: