Monday, April 28, 2008

Freezing Wind and Outdoor Expo

Woke up Saturday to... snow. SNOW! It's the end of April. Snow!!?? Actually I didn't mind. Except that it meant we couldn't ride. Or... wouldn't. I'm sure there was no accumulation on the roads. But I wasn't taking the chance. And, to show our total lack of commitment, we just took the bike rack off my SUV so we didn't want to put it on to take a ride in Cannon Falls. lol But we did run. And it was the windiest run I've taken in ages! Seriously. A couple times I found myself leaning so far forward I definitely would have fallen over if not for the wind. Thank goodness God didn't decide to have a laugh.... let up on the wind... and watch me fall face first. Ha ha very funny! lol We were warm enough because we'd dressed appropriately. Though my face was slightly numb when I returned. lol There were little ice pellets hitting me the entire time. Point is. No cycling this weekend. )= And I can't take my bike with me to Vegas on Wednesday so I need to get a ride in today or tomorrow. Arrgh!

Good stuff. Sunday Lorrie and I headed out to the Midwest Mountaineering outdoor expo. We got some great deals and some good information. I bought a very large waterproof canoe pack (Duluth pack-like) to carry all our gear. Then I got a couple large dry bags for our sleeping bags. SO FUN! I know. Geek! I don't care. When we got home, I put up the tent downstairs. Yeah. In front of the fireplace. lol BUT, we did not turn the fireplace on. Gas. *That* would have been too much! heheh I just need the sleep pads on my wishlist and a couple more dry bags. Oh... and eventually our own lightweight canoe paddles. Those would definitely come in handy! We'll keep renting Kevlar canoes. I don't want the responsibility!!

No comments: