Monday, April 21, 2008

Work Commute

Distance = 3.74 (Lorrie's distance = 7.48 miles)
Time = 0.23.36
Average speed = 9.4 mph
Max speed = 16.9 mph

Decided to bike commute today. Note that the distance is round trip! lol Gotta love a small town eh? Weather was perfect and I got there earlier than usual. That's a good thing! I just wore my work clothes, which was jeans today. I rolled up my pants and wore my cycling shoes. My regular shoes were in my messenger bag. I also wore a water resistant windbreaker, just in case of rain. No issues with traffic at all. Northfield is pretty biker friendly and people are used to seeing us tool around. I'm generally a traffic rule follower... except rolling through stop signs when no one is around. So I don't cause much trouble. Lorrie rode with me to work then rode back home. She came back later in the day to pick me up and ride home with me. The sky was very dark gray and threatening to rain at any moment. We took a detour to check out an Argosy RV that is for sale. It's like a silver bullet. Nothing on the walls so it's like a blank slate. A little exciting to think about having that. We are definitely a retro/vintage couple! Anyway, back roads home. A couple sprinkles on my jacket as we pulled in. But no rain until later in the evening. Darn! I thought it would be fun to pull in and then have a downpour! (=

No comments: