Monday, June 25, 2007

Sakatah Trail

June 25, 2007

Distance = 24.38
Time = 2.13.53
Max speed = 18.1 mph
Avg speed = 10.8 mph

Lorrie and I decided to go for a ride after work. Lorrie needed some down time and I needed to get some things ready. So we didn't actually get on the trail until maybe 6pm. Not too bad since it gets dark pretty late. We left from the Dairy Queen parking lot. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. That trail is just too bumpy for cycling. Maybe for a hybrid with shocks it would be good. But my hands felt nearly every bump. I don't know why I keep going back there except that it's convenient. We tried to predict when the sun would go down enough that we wouldn't be able to see at all. There's also a lot of tree coverage on this trail so it seems much darker at times than it really is. When we got to about 10 miles, we decided we could get in an extra 2 that direction so that Lorrie could ride further than she ever had. I'm glad we did that but it did actually get pretty dark. This time I had brought one of my pairs of sunglasses with the orange lenses so that I could see a little more clearly a little longer. That was a good thing because the bugs were horendous! Lorrie tucked in behind me and just watched my red jersey, which was about the only thing she could see. We finished without incident but decided that leaving directly after work would be a better idea. We can lounge afterwards! (= Dinner was A&W! lol

No comments: