Thursday, June 07, 2007

Sakatah

June 7, 2007

Distance = 30.25
Time = 2.09.28
Max speed = 19.5 mph
Avg speed = 14.0 mph

I wanted to try and hit the 30 mile mark and figured Sakatah was as safe a place as any to do so. Lorrie didn't want to ride so she and Emma took a long walk and played in the water. We parked at Cannon Lake so they'd be right on the beach when they had to wait for me. The trail was quite bumpy and my wrists took a pretty good beating! It was a good ride but I pushed the daylight a little too far. I just wanted to hit 30 badly so I pushed it to the 15 mile mark before heading back. One thing is that on a flat surface alone I might not have hit 19.5 mph. But since it was getting dark and I'm not fond of darkness in the woods, it made me go a little faster. There were many points where I was basically blindly riding and hoping that I wouldn't hit a branch or anything. I did eat a great many bugs! That was gross. But if that's the worst that happened, I'm pretty happy about it. Lorrie was waiting with a very wet and happy Emma Blue who had been playing in the water with her frisbee. We walked a little and then headed to A&W for dinner.

No comments: